I know, I've neglected you. I know, it's been months, I know, I've posted twice in all of 2011. But baby, I always keep coming back to you.
I don't really know why I decided to, though. I always have this urge to write. But I never really do. And this is why I'm confused.
There is just a lot coming at me at times. Growing up is stupid. The numerous trips to the DMV, rescheduling trips to the DMV, getting calls from my dad about the newest reason why he couldn't bring me to the DMV. Luckily that's all over with, I have my permit and I'm ready to HIT THE ROAD. Or the road is ready to hit me. Or I'm ready to hit everything.
I'm going to an open house tomorrow at WestConn. Western Connecticut State University. University, as in college. That's not cool. Like, I really don't think I'll have many problems adjusting or devising my major or anything, I just don't want to do all that. I'm perfectly happy not changing at all. It's not a good thing, to have such disdain over change, I know that. But it's something I've always had.
I hate saying goodbyes to things. I don't wanna say goodbye to my home, my friends, my life. I know I have a year and a half left still, but that's not the same for everyone. Knowing that the times I have left with my friends who are seniors are limited sucks. And I know one day I'll come back and read this and think how odd that I wrote saying goodbye to seniors as sucking, when future me is going to know what it's like to say goodbye to his junior friends, his sophomore friends, his friends of every age and ethnicity (well, mostly Caucasian.) And future me is going to roll his eyes at these jokes, give an embarrassed half-giggle, like, "Wow Eric, you used to think you were just so funny." But really. The future is like, upon us.
The future is like, upon us guys.
So this is pretty weird. But anyways, things are just, yea.
Wanna hear good things?
-We've had this entire week off because of power outages.
-I went to see In the Heights today and I ran into MacKenzie, who I haven't seen in months, and I was so happy because I miss her like crazy.
-My hair looks pretty good today.
And so with that, I say farewell. Talk to you later, in about 7 months or something.
I know that I always read your posts late, but I just wanted to say (if you ever read this) that this post really made me think. Mostly about how sad it is that you were (and are) moving forward in life no matter how upset you are about or how content you are about staying where you are and I'm still not making any progress.
ReplyDeleteAnd it also made me remember how close we used to be, how we could always make things into a joke, and how we never got bored as long as we had some way of communicating.
I'm sure that you probably have a bunch of friends that you feel this way about and I'm pretty convinced that I'm well in your past, but I still miss you and when I read this it just made me remember how much has changed and how alone I am.
Anyway, I just wanted to feel like I was sharing my thought with someone and you used to be my go-to person for that.