Saturday, July 4, 2009

If only I could lose that many...

I rented Seven Pounds from Blockbuster last night, because I knew that Rosario Dawson was in it. [She played Mimi in RENT.] It is one of the best movies I've ever seen.

SPOILER ALERT

My sister gave a brief review about it in the car. She said it was about 'seven strangers who live in a house because some guy thought they needed it.'

Umm.... No. She has obviously been watching The Real World: Cancun too much. The stranger part is true, but only one woman and her two children move into that house to escape her abusive boyfriend.

Anyways it stars Will Smith and Rosario Dawson. Will Smith's character, Ben Thomas, is looking to give people second chances if they deserve it. It was obvious in his attitude and flashbacks that someone was taken from him unfairly, and thus many of his actions and lifestyles have been afflicted by it.

The story is a little detachted at first and it's hard to put the pieces together, since you really don't know what the pieces are of and where they went, but through the movie you start to see the ridges of the pieces, and what they're supposed to be, and where they are, and why they were there. All the pieces come together eventually and then you think, wow, it's such an awesome puzzle/movie.

And no, it's not a chickflick. If I had to guess, it's about 25% chickflicky. But I cried at the end, through the entire credits and about half of Wizards of Wavery Place. Don't judge me.

GO RENT SEVEN POUNDS.

No comments:

Post a Comment