Sunday, July 22, 2012

He had Meth Arms.

Alright, here's the thing.

Bright Lights closed. I'm finished with road lessons. I've gone on vacation and came back.

I have some downtime.

I'm sort of at a loss for words. I don't know what to talk about. I'm grasping at straws here. I'm sure there's plenty of things in my life that could make for an interesting story. But I don't want to tell a story. I want to have a discussion. A present-tense, unedited discussion.

There's still so much I still have to do this summer. I've only read 100 pages out of the 5 pieces I have to read for AP Lit. I haven't even touched the actual work I have for AP French and Calc. As much as it irritates me that I have so much work that I have to do, my laziness inexplicably multiplies and none of it gets done. It's a vicious cycle.

My driving test is on Thursday. I was confident. I was confident. Up until my last road lesson. The instructor started off fine, relaxed even. I felt in control of this car. Comfortable. Something I hadn't felt while driving yet. But the man, the 5 foot, meth-armed, peanut-shaped-headed man progressively got more and more, I don't know... Douchey. He pointed out every little mistake I made. I understand that it's his job to prepare me for my test, but when the test is in five days, telling me that I'm going to fail it at this point is not preparing me at all. Whenever he criticized me on my driving, it made me lose focus, it made me get too wrapped up in my thoughts to really concentrate on the road underneath me. Which led to more mistakes. Which led to more criticism. This is another one of those vicious cycles I was talking about.

I can't fail my test. I start camp the week after, where I'll be driving to and from every day for three weeks. I've already driven on the course, it's not difficult. It's all comfortable speeds of 25 miles per hour, in wide lanes. I just need to feel confident in my ability again. And soon.

I'll get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment